If you read my blog, you may have caught my interview with Nik Perring lately (still excited about that one!). Well, if you hop over to his blog today there’s a great little post about spreading the word about books you love.
It’s a great idea, as I don’t know about you but I’m always on the lookout for something new to read, and love hearing what other people enjoy. And there is always a little part of me daydreaming about the time, at some point in the hazy future, when someone makes a list with “Something or Other by Rebecca Brown” on it. (Isn’t that a great book title? Think of all the times in the bookstore you’re trying to remember the name of the book; I’d always be top of the search results…)
So here’s my little contribution, and I’d love it if you could either give me a list in the comments, or even better do your own blog post and spread the love to your own followers. But let me know so I can go read it too!
Here’s a random 10 books that I love and would highly recommend to anyone:
2. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by, er, C S Lewis (a caveat here – I love all the Chronicles of Narnia but this is my favourite. But I can’t recommend the series more highly)
3. The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge – another childhood favourite
4. Christina Rossetti (Everyman’s Poetry) – I love her poems
5. The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry
6. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
7. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
8. Men At Arms by Terry Pratchett
9. Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser
10. Matilda by Roald Dahl – because various tweets etc yesterday reminded me how much I used to love Roald Dahl, and what better book to go on a list about book love?
So there you go. While I pop over to Amazon to leave reviews of these books, it’s over to you…