Don’t get excited, this isn’t about my picture book being accepted by an agent, sold to a major publishing house and winning a prestigious award since my last post. If it was, I would be too busy running around the room screaming to write a blog post about it.
No, this is a response to a post on the wonderful Jane Travers’ blog, here, in which I was tagged to come up with my own list of lies, sorry, ‘untruths’.
So the idea is, I give a list of 6 untruths about myself and one half-truth, and you have to guess which is the half-truth. The prize is, um, well I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
- I speak fluent Portugese. I don’t have any qualifications in it, but have taught myself through those, well, ‘Teach Yourself…’ books. Very interesting it was too.
- I did the Coast to Coast bike ride for charity five years ago. Ouch.
- I met my husband in 1913 and stalked him until he agreed to make an honest woman of me.
- I can explain the off-side rule in 140 characters or less. I shall prove it at some point in the near future.
- I bake most of the cakes we eat as a family as I much prefer home-cooked food. I also try to do my own bread at least a couple of times a month since we were given a bread maker for Christmas two years ago.
- I am one of the few women I know who can actually parallel park. This is because my husband made me practice over, and over, and over for my driving test.
- I had a dream about the National Lottery numbers and we won a prize the same week.
My husband is automatically disqualified from entering, of course. Anyone else, please join in and have a go!